How to fix wifi issues on the sony xperia m
Sony Xperia M will not connect to wifi. Sony Xperia M dropping wifi connection. Wifi not working on Sony Xperia M5. Wifi issues on XPeria M, XPeria M2 XPeria M4 or XPeria M5.
If you're having trouble with your WiFi connection on your Sony Xperia M, it could either be your smartphone or the internet connection. If all other devices are working properly except your Sony Xperia Z, then here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:
- If your wifi connection is saved in your Xperia M, then "forget" the wifi connection
- Go to Settings > Wifi and turn OFF your wifi
- Turn off your Sony smartphone , Wait 10 seconds and turn it back On
- Connect to your wifi network
- If you're still unable to connect, try this:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it
- Wait 30 seconds
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely
- Try reconnecting with your Xperia M
- If your Sony smartphone still has issues and is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates
- If your Xperia is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Xperia itself.