can't receive text messages on sony xperia C
Can't receive text messages on Sony Xperia C. Not receiving text messages from certain numbers. Not getting messages from one or multiple numbers on XPeria C, XPeria C3, XPeria C4, XPeria C5.
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers? If you can't receive text messages from any numbers on your Sony Xperia C, make sure you have service on your phone first (if you don't, click here).
If you can't receive text messages from only certain numbers, follow the steps below:
- Open the "Contacts" app
- Select the name of the contact you can't receive texts from
- Tap the pencil icon to edit the contact
- Press the "Menu" icon depicting three vertical dots
- Make sure "All calls to Voicemail" is unchecked. Activating that feature will also block SMS.
- If "All calls to voicemail" was not activated and you still can't receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your nexus for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.