how to backup and restore your samsung galaxy s6
A guide on how to backup and restore your Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge or Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
If you are having issues with your Samsung smartphone, a good thing to try is a full backup and restore of the device as it will reset all the software on your phone. By doing a backup, your data will be kept in a safe place and then you can easily restore it back to your phone later.
Important: You will need a computer for this procedure.
Backing up your Data:
- Connect your Samsung device using your USB cable.
- On the Smart Switch screen, click on MORE
- Click Preferences, then select the Backup items tab.
- Select the content that you would like to save from your device then click OK.
- Click Backup on the Smart Switch screen. It can take up to several minutes to complete.
- Click Confirm once backup is completed.
Restoring your Data:
- Once the device appears in Smart Switch, click Restore.
- Smart Switch will automatically restore the most recent backup. Click Restore Now.
Note: Click Change data to restore if you would like to restore a different backup.
- Once the Restore is complete, unplug your Samsung device.
Your device is now successfully restored.