power button broken or unresponsive on samsung galaxy
Samsung Galaxy S5 power button not working. Samsung Note 4 won't turn off using power button. Can't turn on Galaxy Note 4 Edge using power button. Power button unresponsive on Samsung S5. How to turn on Samsung Galaxy S5 without using a power button. How to turn off Samsung Note 4 Edge without power button.
If your power button isn't working on your Samsung, then this is usually due to a hardware issue and can't be fixed unless you send your Samsung in for repair. However, it's not completely over if you're unable to repair your Samsung or it's out of warranty. Here is how you can get by using your Galaxy without a power button:
- How to turn OFF your Galaxy without a power button
- If you're looking to turn off your device without using a power button, you're going to need a third-party app such as "Button Savior"
- To install Button Savior, tap on the Apps icon and open Play Store
- Tap on the search bar that says Google Play at the top of the screen and search for "Button Savior" and install the non-root version
- Open Button Savior and Select “Kill/Start Button Savior Service”.
- A small arrow on the right side of the screen will pop up.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold the “Power” button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the “Power off” option to turn off your device.
- How to turn ON your Galaxy without a power button
- With your phone turned off, press and hold the Volume down and Home button.
- While holding the Volume Down and Home, use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
- Continue holding the Volume Down and Home button to until your phone will boot to Download mode.
- Once your phone boots to Download mode, press on the Volume Down button to cancel the Download mode.
- Once the Download mode has been cancelled, your Galaxy will reboot.
- Wait for your phone to completely start.