no sound on incoming calls or notifications on a samsung galaxy
No sound on incoming calls on Samsung Galaxy S5. Notifications dont make a sound on Galaxy S5. All calls are silent on Samsung Galaxy S5. No more sound on Samsung Galaxy Note 4. No sound on Samsung Grand Prime. No sound on phonecalls on Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
If you have no sound coming out of your Samsung Galaxy smartphone when receiving an incoming call, receiving a notification, or during a phonecall, then here are the things you can verify to fix the issue:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing and make sure "Turn off all sounds" is OFF
- Go to Settings > Sounds and notifications and make sure "Do Not Disturb" is OFF
- Also in Sounds and notifications, make sure your Sound Mode is not on vibrate/silent and that your volume is ON
- If you're not receiving any notification or sound from certain apps, you can double check App notifications in Settings > Sounds and notifications
- If the issue persists after checking all the options above, you might want to consider trying a factory reset of your device. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to backup and reset your Galaxy smartphone.