how to fix wi-fi issues on a galaxy note 5
Wi-Fi not working on Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Unable to connect to Wifi or Wifi dropping constantly. Wifi connected but internet wont work. Wifi issues with Samsung Note 5.
Before troubleshooting your Samsung, you want to make sure that your cellphone is the only one having this problem on your Wifi connection. If all devices are having wifi issues, then you want to contact your internet provider as the issue is not with your Galaxy Note 5.
If your Samsung Note 5 is the only device to have issues on your Wifi connection, then here are the steps you can take to fix this issue:
- Go to Settings > WiFi
- Select your Wifi network and tap Forget
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on
- Go back into Settings > WiFi and reconnect to your network. You will have to re-enter your WiFi password
- If you're still unable to connect, reboot your WiFi modem:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it
- Wait 30 seconds
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely
- Try reconnecting with your Samsung Note 5
- If your Galaxy Note 5 still has issues and is the only device experiencing this problem, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates
- If your Samsung is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Samsung itself