usb connection not working on samsung
galaxy note 5
Computer not detecting Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Can't transfer files or photos from Samsung Note 5 to PC. Samsung Note 5 not detecting PC. Can't connect Galaxy Note 5 to PC. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 connected to PC but not detecting any files. Issue with transferring files from Samsung Note 5 to computer using a USB cable.
If you're having trouble connecting your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to your computer to transfer files or photos, here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- The first thing to try is to swap the USB cable. Some cables are only capable of charging your smartphone and won't be able to transfer any files. It's best to make sure you're using the original cable when trying to connect your Note 5 to the PC.
- Verify if you can change the USB mode from your notification bar:
- Pull down your notification bar and see if you have the USB options icon
- Touch the USB options icon and select Media Device (MTP)
- If you do not have the USB options icon in your notification bar, try the following steps:
- Unplug the USB cable from the smartphone
- Power off your Note 5
- Wait 30 seconds
- Power it back on
- Plug the USB cable back to the smartphone and check to see if the USB options icon appears
- If the issue persists, try enabling USB Debugging in your settings:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Tap on Build number repeatedly until it says "You are now a developer"
- You will now be able to access Settings > Developer options
- Enable USB debugging
- Once USB debugging is enabled, restart your phone and try to connect it again
- If none of the options above worked, make sure the USB cable you have is able to transfer files and a different cable if necessary
- If the issue persists after trying all the options above, you might want to consider trying a factory reset of your device. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to backup and reset your Galaxy Note 5.