NOT RECEIVING MESSAGES ON SAMSUNG GALAXY note 5
Outgoing messages are working but the phone won't receive incoming messages from one or multiple numbers on Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Can't receive incoming messages from only one number. Can send texts but won't receive messages on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
If you're having trouble receiving text messages from one or multiple numbers yet you can send them messages with no problem, this issue is usually caused by a number sneaking into your text message block list. To verify if this is the case, follow these steps:
- Go into Messages, then tap on "More" in the top right corner and select Settings
- Go into Block messages
- Tap on Block list
- Make sure that the number you can't receive messages from is not part of your block list
- If the number was not in your spam numbers and you still can't receive messages from it:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your nexus for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If the above did not work, the issue could be from the sender's end. Verify if the sender can send messages to other numbers or contact your Carrier to make verify if the messages are being received properly.