how to fix mobile data or internet not working on a nexus 6p
No data on Nexus 6P. Can't access the internet with mobile data. Mobile internet not working on Nexus 6P. No data connection on a Nexus 6P smartphone.
Here are a couple things you can try to fix this issue:
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on
- Make sure you have a network connection (if you have No Service click here)
- Go to Settings > Data Usage and make sure mobile data is checked ☑ and there is no data limit blocking you
- Go to Settings > More... > Cellular networks > Access point names and make sure you have your Carrier selected (For all APN settings click here)
- If you're still not getting any internet through mobile data after verifying the APN settings and making sure it was turned on, verify with your Carrier if there is anything that could be blocking your data access on their end.
- If there are no issues on your carrier's end, you can try turning off LTE and testing your mobile data using regular 4G.
- Go to Settings > More... > Cellular networks > Preferred network type
- Select 3G
- Restart your Nexus and test your cellular data
- If issue persists, you will want to consider a factory reset of your Nexus. For a guide on how to backup and reset your Nexus smartphone click here