how to hard reset your nexus 5x
If you are having issues with your Nexus 5x, one of the solutions you can try is to force your nexus to factory reset. This should only be done if you do not have access to your device and you've tried all other solutions. It is strongly advised to backup your device first if you are able to as this procedure deletes all data on your device and restores it to its original factory settings.
- If you can access your Nexus 5x smartphone, then you can perform a factory restore by following these steps:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- If your phone is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
- Tap Erase everything.
- If you can't access your smartphone, are locked out, or cannot power it on properly, then you can perform a hard reset by following these steps:
- Turn your Nexus off
- Press and hold the Volume Up and the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for about 10 seconds.
- An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
- Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
- Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode."
- An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- The Android System Recovery screen will appear. Release all keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press the Power key to confirm.
- Scroll down and select Yes - Delete All User Data.
- Select Reboot System Now. The phone will then reboot to its factory settings.
- The phone will restart.
- You will now have to go through the setup of your Nexus 5x
Here is a video showing what performing a hard reset on a Nexus 5x device should look like if you're having trouble: