how to fix wifi issues on the nexus
Nexus will not connect to wifi, or it drops the wifi connection. Wifi not working on Nexus smartphone. Wifi issues on Nexus 4, Nexus 5 or Nexus 6.
If you're having trouble with your WiFi connection on your Nexus, it could either be your smartphone or the internet connection. If all other devices are working properly except your Nexus, then here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:
- If your wifi connection is saved in your Nexus, then "forget" the wifi connection.
- Go to Settings > Wifi and turn off your wifi
- Turn off your Nexus , Wait 10 seconds and turn it back On
- Connect to your wifi network
- If you're still unable to connect, try this:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it
- Wait 30 seconds
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely
- Try reconnecting with your Nexus
- If your Nexus still has issues and is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates
- If your Nexus is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Nexus itself.