no service on nexus after android software update
No service on Nexus after performing software update. No service on Nexus after installing Android lollipop update. Can't connect to network after updating to android marshmallow. Nexus showing no network after lollipop update. Android software update caused no service on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5x or Nexus 6p.
Performing an android software update on a Nexus can sometimes cause network issues. The Nexus might lose connection and display the "Emergency Calls Only" or "No Service" message. If you've just performed the latest android software update and are experiencing network issues on your Nexus then follow these steps:
- Go into Settings > Storage and tap on Cached Data and select ok to clear data
- Go into Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Preferred network type
- Select "2G" as your preferred network mode.
- Turn your Nexus off completely, wait 10 seconds and then turn it back on again.
- Go back into Preferred Network type as shown above and switch it to 3G
- If you are still unable to connect, perform a backup and restore of your device.