Google search bar unresponsive on nexus
Google search bar not working on Nexus. Google search bar unresponsive on Nexus smartphone. Can't use the Google Search widget on homepage of Nexus. Google search bar won't work from homepage of Nexus 4, Nexus 5 or Nexus 6.
If your Google Search bar isn't working on your Nexus, then this is most likely due to a software issue. Follow the steps below to get your Google Search bar working again on your Nexus:
- Try turning your Nexus completely off, waiting 10 seconds and turning back on
- If that didn't fix it, the next step is to "Clear the Cache" of the Google App. This will fix the issue but will also reset your Nexus home screen, so you will have to customize it all over again (Apps, Widgets, Wallpaper etc...)
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Swipe right until you land on the "All" tab and look for the Google App
- You will see the window below
- Tap on Force Stop
- Tap on Clear Cache
- Tap on Manage Space and select the bottom option "Clear all Data"
- Your homescreen will now be reset but the Google Search widget will work again
- If the above step did not work for you, the next step is to factory reset your Nexus smartphone
For a step-by-step guide on how to backup and restore your Nexus click here
If none the above steps worked for you leave us a comment below so we can help!