no service or emergency calls only on MOTO x
No service on Moto X. Can't place or receive calls and text. Emergency calls only display on Moto X. No network on Moto X Play, Moto X 3rd gen, 2nd gen or 1st gen.
If you are getting no service on your Moto X, no network signal bars or emergency calls only, follow these steps:
- Go into Settings > Storage and tap on Cached Data and select ok to clear data
- Go into Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Preferred network type
- Select "2G" as your preferred network mode.
- Turn your Moto G off completely, wait 10 seconds and then turn it back on again.
- Go back into Preferred Network type as shown above and switch it to 3G
- Then select Network Operators > Search Networks
- Select your Carrier and you should connect successfully.