Moto g can’t connect to Wi-Fi or the wi-fi connection drops
Moto G will not connect to wifi, or it drops the wifi connection. Wifi not working on Moto G smartphone. Wifi issues on Moto G 1st gen, Moto G 2nd gen or Moto G 3rd gen.
If you're having WiFi problems on your Moto G smartphone, this could be due to either your smartphone being unable to connect, or your internet modem. Here are the steps you can take to fix the problem and get connected to your WiFi:
- The first step you want to do is go to Settings > WiFi
- Select your WiFi network and then tap Forget
(If the only option you have is to Connect, then you can skip this step)
- Turn OFF your WiFi
- Turn off your Moto G, Wait 10 seconds and turn it back On
- Once your Moto G is back on, go to Settings > WiFi and Connect to your WiFi network
- If you're still unable to connect to the network, make sure your WiFi connection is working by trying to connect with a different device
- If your Moto G is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date by checking in Settings > About Phone > Software updates
- If your Moto G is up-to-date and is the only device unable to connect to WiFi, unplug your WiFi router, wait 10 seconds, plug it back and try to reconnect once again with your Moto G
- If your WiFi connection is still not working on one or all devices, try to "Reset" your modem to its factory settings by holding the small Reset button located in the back of the internet modem
- If issue is persistent, test your Moto G on other Wi-Fi connections to verifiy if it's a problem with the device.