Can't receive text messages on lg g5
Not receiving incoming text messages from one or multiple numbers on the LG G5. Can't receive texts on LG G5. Having issues with receiving messages on LG G5. Incoming text messages not appearing in messaging inbox on LG G5. Can send messages but can't receive. Can't receive text messages on LG G5.
If you can send messages to someone but you can't receive their texts, this issue is usually caused by one or multiple numbers sneaking their way into your Spam List on your LG G5.
- To verify if the number is in fact in your block list, follow these steps:
- Open your Messaging app
- Tap on your menu button then tap Settings
- Select Spam manager
- Go into Spam numbers and make sure the number you can't receive messages from isn't in your spam numbers list as that would drive all incoming messages to your Spam box. If it is, you can simply delete the number from the spam list.
- If the block feature was not activated and you still can't receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts .
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your LG for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If none of the above options worked or you are not receiving messages from all contacts, you can try performing a Network Settings reset:
- Go to Settings > Backup & Reset
- Tap on Network settings reset
- If the issue still persists, consider performing a Factory data reset of your LG G5