can't send or receive picture messages on lg g2
Can't send or receive picture messages on LG G2. Can't download picture message. Error when downloading picture message. Can't send a picture by text message on LG G2. MMS not working.
If you can't successfully send or receive a picture message, here are a couple things you can try to fix this issue:
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on
- Make sure you have a network connection (if you have No Service click here)
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data and make sure mobile data is ON
Note: You NEED a data connection on your LG G2 to be able to send or receive picture messages (MMS). If you have a data block with your provider, make sure to contact them to remove it.
- Go to Settings > Tethering & networks > Mobile networks > Access point names and make sure you have your cellphone carrier selected from the list. If your list is empty, you will need to create a new APN for your carrier (For all APN settings to create one click here)
- If you have a network connection on your phone, and have data access, try turning the WIFI OFF and sending or downloading the picture message before turning it back ON
- If you were still unable to send or receive mms, try using an alternate messaging app such as Google Messenger available on the Google Play store
- If the issue persists after trying all the steps above, you can try performing a factory of your LG G2 by going into Settings > Backup & reset (General tab) > Factory data reset. Make sure that you save any photos, contacts, or information you need before performing this step as it will erase all of your personal data and restore the smartphone to its original settings