iphone se sending messages from wrong number
Changed number recently and iPhone using old number. iMessage using wrong number to text. Wrong number appearing when texting someone on iPhone SE. iPhone SE sending messages from wrong number. People receiving messages from old number on iPhone SE.
If you're having the problem where the messages you send appear under an old or wrong number that isn't yours, this issue is caused by iMessage. Follow these steps below to fix the problem and assign the proper number to iMessage:
- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
- Tap on the Apple ID and sign out
- Turn iMessage OFF
- Go to Settings > Phone > My number and make sure it's correct. If it's not, tap on it and change it to the correct number
- Turn your iPhone completely off for 10 seconds, then turn it back on
- Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage and turn it back on
- Tap on Send & Receive and sign into your Apple ID
- Make sure the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:” and tap on it to make sure there is ✓ beside it.