no service or emergency calls only on iphone
iPhone is not getting any network reception. No service on iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S or iPhone 5. Unable to place or receive calls and messages. No network connection on iPhone. iPhone stuck on searching and can't connect to network.
If you're having trouble connecting to the network or getting service on your iPhone, then follow the steps below to fix the issue:
- If you have an iPhone 4S or earlier, go to Settings > Cellular and make sure Enable 3G is activated (If you have an iPhone 5 or later, skip this step)
- Reset your Network Settings on your iPhone (Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step)
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart and try to reconnect to the network
- If you still aren't getting service, go to Settings > Carrier and switch OFF Automatic.
The iPhone will then start searching for networks, and will display all the available networks in your area. Make sure you Select the Carrier you belong to (eg. Telus, AT&T, 02).
- If your iPhone is not getting any service after trying to connect to a network manually and resetting your network settings. The next step is making sure your iPhone is up to date. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and perform any updates that might be available.
- The last step is to perform a full backup/restore of your iPhone.
For a complete guide on how to backup/restore your iPhone, click here.
- If issue persists, leave a comment below and we'll try to help!