iPhone se not ringing on incoming calls or text messages
iPhone SE not playing any notification sounds. iPhone SE not ringing when receiving calls or receiving text messages. No sound coming from iPhone SE. Notification sounds muted. iPhone SE only vibrates but makes no sound.
- On the iPhone SE, located on the top left corner, there is a "silent" switch. Toggle it and make sure it is not turned on as shown in the picture below:
- If problem persists, you want to make sure the "Do Not Disturb" feature isn't active. To turn it off, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb. Make sure "Manual" and "Scheduled" are off as shown in the picture below.
- Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the "ringer and alerts" volume is not muted.
- Insert your headphones into the headphone jack to check whether there is sound or not. Insert and remove them a few times. Sometimes the iPhone may get stuck in headphone mode and this might help.
- If none of these options worked, you can try performing a backup and restore of your iPhone
Note: For a full guide on how to backup and restore click here