no service on iphone after updating to ios 9
iPhone stuck on "Searching..." after iOS 9 update. No service on iPhone after updating to iOS 9. Can't connect to network after performing latest software update on iPhone. Updated to iOS 9 and can't place calls or text. No network connection after new iOS update.
A lot of people are experiencing network issues after performing the latest Apple software update to iOS 9. If you're having trouble connecting to the network or getting service on your iPhone, then follow these steps to fix the issue:
- If you have an iPhone 4S or earlier, go to Settings > Cellular and make sure Enable 3G is activated (If you have an iPhone 5 or later, skip this step)
- Reset your Network Settings on your iPhone (Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step)
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
- If you still aren't getting service, go to Settings > Carrier and switch OFF Automatic.
The iPhone will then start searching for networks, and will display all the available networks in your area. Make sure you Select the Carrier you belong to (eg. Telus, AT&T, 02).
- If your phone has trouble connecting to the network, go back into Settings > Cellular and turn OFF LTE
- If your iPhone is not getting any service after trying to connect to a network manually and making sure your device up to date, the last step is to perform a full backup/restore of your iPhone.
For a complete guide on how to backup/restore your iPhone, click here.
- If issue persists, leave a comment below and we'll try to help!