iphone 7 sending messages from wrong number
iPhone 7 sending messages from email address. iPhone 7 using wrong number to text. Wrong number appearing when texting someone on iPhone 7. Receiving messages from wrong number on iPhone. People not receiving messages from correct number on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus.
If the messages you send from your iPhone appear under an old or wrong number that isn't yours, this issue is caused by iMessage. Follow these simple steps below to fix the problem:
- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
- Tap on the Apple ID and sign out
- Turn iMessage OFF
- Go to Settings > Phone > My number and make sure it's correct. If it's not, tap on it and change it to the correct number
- Turn your iPhone completely off for 10 seconds, then turn it back on
- Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage and turn it back on
- Tap on Send & Receive and sign into your Apple ID
- Make sure the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:” and tap on it to make sure there is ✓ beside it.