how to fix wifi button greyed out on iphone 7
Can't turn on WiFi on iPhone 7. Wifi toggle button greyed out on iPhone 7. Unable to toggle Wifi ON to connect to the internet on iPhone 7 plus. Can't push WiFi button and it's grey instead of green. Can't turn Wifi on or off on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus.
If you're trying to connect to WiFi and suddenly find your WiFi toggle greyed out, then this is due to a software issue and usually happens suddenly or after performing a software update. Here are some simple steps you can perform to try to fix the problem:
- The first step is to Reset your network settings, as this will also reset all Wifi connections in your iPhone
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart
- Once your phone is back on, go into Settings > WiFi and try to connect to your WiFi network and enter the password
- If your WiFi button is still grey, go into Settings > General > Software Update and make sure your device is up to date
- If your iPhone is up-to-date and you're still unable to turn your Wifi on or off, then the next step is to perform a full backup and restore of your device. For a detailed guide on how to backup and restore your iPhone click here
- If your Wifi button still isn't working after a backup and restore, try performing a restore and setting up your iPhone "as a new iPhone" when given the option. This means without restoring your saved backup.
- If all the steps above did not work, your last option is to take your iPhone to an Apple Technician.