how to fix voice-to-text on iphone 7
Can't use the voice command to text on iPhone 7. How to activate voice to text on iPhone 7. Microphone button greyed out for text messaging. Can't activate the microphone to use voice to text on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus.
If you are having issues using the Voice-to-text function on your iPhone 7, here's what you can do to fix the issue:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri and turn Siri OFF
- Perform a Soft Reset of your device by performing the following:
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button located on the left side of your iPhone
- Hold both buttons as the iPhone restarts; release both buttons when the Apple logo appears onscreen.
- Once your iPhone is back on, go back into Settings > General > Siri and turn it back ON
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions and make sure Siri is ON
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboards > Enable Dictation and make sure it's ON
- Test your Voice-to-text feature as it should be working now
- If issue persists go to Settings > General> Software Updates and make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version