Can't send or receive messages without internet on iphone 6s
Messages coming in only when connected to Wifi on iPhone 6s. All messages are received on iPhone 6s once connected to Wifi or Data. Not receiving messages to iPhone 6s plus on time. Messages being received with a delay. Messaging only working when connected to internet. Can't send or receive texts without internet connection on iPhone 6s or 6s plus.
If you're experiencing the issue with your messages only working when you have an internet connection on your iPhone, then this problem is due to iMessage, If you don't have a mobile data plan or turn your cellular data off occasionally, you might be receiving your messages only when connected to the internet.
- If you don't have a data plan, or turn your data off occasionally, then it is recommended to turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead. To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.
- If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:
- Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data
- Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF
- Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on
- Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON
- Make sure "Send as SMS" is also turned ON
If you're still having trouble, you can leave us a comment below and we'll try to help!