Can't send or receive messages without internet on iphone 6
Messages coming in only when connected to Wifi on iPhone 6. All messages are received on iPhone 6 once connected to Wifi or Data. Not receiving messages to iPhone 6 plus on time. Messages being received with a delay. Messaging only working when connected to internet. Can't send or receive texts without internet connection on iPhone 6 or 6 plus.
If you're experiencing the issue with your messages only working when you have an internet connection on your iPhone, then this problem is due to iMessage, If you don't have a mobile data plan or turn your cellular data off occasionally, you might be receiving your messages only when connected to the internet.
- If you don't have a data plan, or turn your data off occasionally, then it is recommended to turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead. To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.
- If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:
- Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data
- Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF
- Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on
- Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON
- Make sure "Send as SMS" is also turned ON
If you're still having trouble, you can leave us a comment below and we'll try to help!