How to block unknown or private callers on an iphone 6
If you're looking to block unkown or private numbers from calling you on your iPhone 6 or 6 plus, the truth is that there is no easy way to do so. Unfortunately, despite having that feature built-in to most android devices, the iPhone 6 or 6 plus doesn't have the option to block unknown or private callers in the settings. We also recommend to not bother paying for any apps that may advertise call blocking on the App Store, as they also have no way of blocking unknown or hidden numbers.
Despite not being able to block unknown or private numbers through the iPhone 6 settings, here are a couple workarounds you can use to block hidden numbers:
- You can block all calls from all numbers that are not in your contact list, thus blocking unknown or private numbers, however you will also be blocking incoming calls from numbers that are not in your contact list
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb
- Turn on Manual, tap Allow Calls From and select Contacts
- If ever you want to go back to receiving all calls, simply turn off "Manual"
- You can contact your Carrier and verify if they have the option to block unknown or private callers on their end, however take note that most mobile carriers unfortunately don't have this option
- If you're receiving harassment calls on your iPhone 6 from a hidden number, then your most viable option is to change your phone number. By changing your number and only giving it out to the people you want to, you ensure to avoid any unwanted phone calls.
- Some people have reported that they were able to block unknown numbers using the iphone's block list, however we tested this method ourselves with no success. If you still would like to give it a try, here is how you do it:
- Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked
- Add the unknown caller the same way it shows up in your recent calls without adding any number. For example if the caller shows up as "Unknown Number", then add Unknown Number in your block list without assigning it a telephone number
Aside from the options we provided above, unless Apple releases a software update granting the iPhone 6 capability to block hidden numbers, these are the only options available.