HOW TO completely backup and restore your
How to backup HTC One. How to save photos and contacts on HTC One. How to backup and restore an HTC One. How to backup all data on HTC One to perform a factory reset.
Here are the steps to backup all your data on your HTC One so you can perform a factory reset without losing any of your saved content in your device. We are going to be using Google Photos to backup any pictures of videos on your HTC One, and using the HTC Backup app for everything else.
Backup Photos and Videos:
This will backup your photos to your Google account. You can access them through the Google Photos app on any device or through Google Photos on the web:
- Open the Google Photos app .
( If you don't have it installed, you can download Google Photos through the Play Store )
- At the top left, touch the Menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Touch Back up & sync.
- Make sure Backup is toggled ON and Tap on Backup All to backup all your photos and videos.
- Once it completes the backup, you will now have your photos accessible through the Google Photos app on any device or through Google Photos on the web.
Backup Contacts, Settings, Apps, Messages and more:
- Open your apps, look for "HTC Backup" then open it
- Tap on Turn on automatic backup
- Tap on Next
- Select the account you would like your backup to be linked to
- Tap on Back up now
- Your settings, contacts, text messages and more are now backed up!
Once you've performed all these steps, you're now ready to factory restore your HTC One!
- Go to Settings > Backup & Reset
- Tap on Factory data reset
- Tap on Reset Phone
- Your HTC One will reboot and you will be greeted with the initial setup