not receiving messages on google pixel
Can't receive text messages on Google Pixel smartphone. Not receiving text messages from certain numbers. Not getting messages from one or multiple numbers on Google Pixel.
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers? If you can't receive text messages from all numbers on your Google Pixel, make sure you have service on your phone first and are able to place calls (if you cant't, click here for No Service).
If you can't receive text messages from all numbers and you have service on your Google Pixel, make sure you have your default SMS app selected.
If you can't receive text messages from only certain numbers, follow the steps below:
- Make sure the numbers you can't receive from aren't blocked
- Open your Phone app
- Tap on More ""
- Tap on Settings > Call blocking
- Make sure the numbers aren't blocked. If they are tap the "X" beside it
- If the block feature was not activated and you still can't receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your Google Pixel for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.